Thinking of Joining Us?
Organic Farmers & Growers is one of the UK’s leading organic control bodies. We aim at all times to be practical in our approach to the sector. While protecting the integrity of the organic standards is at the heart of our work, we also understand that you have a business to run and a living to make.
OF&G serves both farmers and other organic enterprises, which can include food processors, feed mills, retailers, cafes, storage facilities, transport and much more.
SPECIAL OFFER – We’re currently giving away a free copy of the 2014 Organic Farm Management Handbook (worth £20) to new producer licensees who are converting to organic production. This is the must-have publication for organic farmers, from The Organic Research Centre, Elm Farm, which we’re very happy to support. It contains valuable market data, as well as information on marketing and obtaining funding. Please note that we have bought a supply but it is limited and copies will be supplied to producers completing the application process (including payment) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reasons to be with OF&G
- All of our licensees are assigned a named Certification Officer who remains their personal point of contact for any certification and inspection matters. You will have their direct email and telephone number;
- We work in partnership with SAI Global (formerly EFSIS), the premier third party independent inspection specialists, giving our licensees access to combined inspections and the reassurance of working with experts at all stages of the certification process;
- OF&G is one of the UK’s largest organic control bodies and was the first approved by government to carry out such work;
- We inspect and certify more than 250,000 hectares of organic or in-conversion land, as well as hundreds of food processing and other organic enterprises;
- OF&G works hard to ensure that its voice is heard on behalf of its licensees. We make sure we stay in touch with the decision-makers at the heart of the sector and that our profile remains high. Our dedicated Public Relations and Media office works constantly to raise the profile of OF&G and the organic sector in general;
- Our managers are regularly sought for comment in the broadcast and print media and are members of key national committees.
Select from the menu on the left of this page to find out more about the different sectors we can certify.
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about becoming organically certified we would be happy to have an informal chat to help you understand what is involved. Get in touch with us by going to the ‘Contact us‘ section.
You can also read “How do I Become Registered with OF&G“.Back to top